Mule vs Mountain Lion
A couple from Montana were out riding on the range with their dogs, the man with a rifle and his wife with the camera that took these amazing shots, when a mountain lion decided to stalk the dogs.
The man got off his mule and decided to fire a shot into the air to scare off the mountain lion, but before he could the lion charged towards the dogs hoping for a piece of them. That’s when things got interesting
The mule decided he wanted a piece of the lion and snatched him up by the tail and started whirling him around. Banging its head on the ground on every pass. It basically stomped it to death and bit it a few times to make sure it was really dead.
The mule then walked back to where the stunned couple were standing and stood there ready to continue as if this crazy situation hadn’t just gone down.
Melancholy people have two reasons for being so: they don’t know or they hope.
- Albert Camus, “The Absurd Man” (via heteroglossia)
Maybe the only thing I can definitely say about is this: That’s life. Maybe the only thing we can do is accept it, without really knowing what’s going on.
- Haruki Murakami - What I Talk About When I Talk About Running (via enakeiart)
You can’t convince me this raccoon isn’t elegantly playing the deepest sonata you’ll ever hear on a avant garde harp
Crows are scary
- use tools
- Can be taught to speak (like parrots)
- Have huge brains for birds
- like seriously their brain-to-body size ratio is equal to that of a chimpanzee
- They vocalize anger, sadness, or happiness in response to things
- they are scary smart at solving puzzles
- some ravens stay with their mates until one of them dies
- they can remember faces
- SIDENOTE HERE BECAUSE HOLY SHIT. They did an experiment where these guys wore masks and some of them fucked with crows. Pretty soon the crows recognized the masks = douchebag. But the nice guys with masks they left alone. THEN, OH WE’RE NOT DONE, NO SIR crows that WEREN’T EVEN IN THE EXPERIMENT AND NEVER SAW THE MASK BEFORE knew about mask-dudes and attacked them on sight. THEY PASSED ON THE FUCKING INFORMATION TO THEIR CROW BUDDIES.
- They remember places where crows were killed by farmers and change their migration patterns.
Guys I’m really scared of crows now.
Yeah but have you seen this
There are some crows in South America who have also learned to drop tough Brazil nuts in traffic to let the cars run them over and break them. BUT on top of that, they have learned to place them in crosswalks to lessen the chance of getting hit with a car! AND they wait at the crosswalks with all the humans and don’t retrieve their meal until the crosswalk sign changes. They are literally using human tools as their own. Crows are the bomb diggity.
I CANT STOP LAUGHING
this will always be my favorite
“There is nothing down here,’ said the pale thing indistinctly. ‘Nothing but dust and damp and forgetting.”